Our Home Library Service ensures the information, recreation, cultural and educational needs of all library members are met by bringing the library service to the user.
This service is available to residents who are unable to visit the library and do not have family or friends who can assist them with either transport or selection and collection of library material.
Who can use this service?
- have an illness or disability that prevents them from visiting a library in person. These conditions may be temporary, recurring or permanent.
- are able to visit a library, but due to mobility restrictions, are unable to transport library items home.
- live in residential assisted living establishments such as nursing homes, hostels, hospitals.
- are engaged in full-time care for people with a disability.
How do I join?
- an initial interview with library staff to ascertain eligibility for the Home Library Service is recommended.
- a Home Library Service Membership form must be completed and returned to the library.
- an assessment by a library staff member will ensure the Home Library client receives their preferred reading material.
If you require access to this service, please contact us.