Membership is free for residents living in the Whitsunday Region, or those visiting the region for at least three weeks.
Everyone seeking membership must provide a copy of one photo ID and one document showing proof of residency, or a local address if you are visiting our region for at least three weeks.
You can either join online or in person at any library branch. If you sign up to join the library via our website, you will need to visit one of our branches to confirm your ID and have the membership activated prior to borrowing resources.
Whitsunday Region Resident Membership
Proof of residency within the region is required such as:
- Driver's licence with a current address
- Enrolled on electoral role
- Current lease agreement for a period of six months
- Rates notice
Please note that a parent/guardian will be requried to provide one of the above for those under 18 years of age.
This membership allows residents to borrow up to 20 items at any one time for three weeks except for reference material, which can only be read in the library. eBooks and eAudiobooks can be borrowed for up to two weeks.
Proof of stay within the region for at least three weeks is required such as:
- Accommodation receipt detailing dates of stay
- Letter from local employer confirming dates of work in the Whitsunday Region
Please note that you must be the age of 18 or over for a non-resident membership.
This membership provides users with a short-term three month membership and allows up to four items to be borrowed at any one time. Items can be borrowed for up to three weeks however, they cannot be renewed.
How do I join?
Join the library at your local branch or online! If you join online, please visit your local branch and provide the required identification to complete your membership.
As a borrower, parent or guardian you are reponsible for:
- All items loaned on the card including those borrowed by other users of the card
- All items loaned by any junior or young adult member that you have given permission to join
- Paying charges set by Council for any lost or damaged items
- Updating any changes to contact details
- Advising loss of membership card immediately loss is noticed